Monday, August 1, 2011

Working hard!


Hey mom!

So the first news is I am senior companion, the next news is my companion is in South Africa now, so I have to work with a branch missionary for a few weeks, till what will most likely be training a new kid! Oh well, malagasies always tell me I am really good, and ask how many years it has been, and if I am going home soon since I can speak pretty well, so that is a lot of encouragement, and it makes me want to get way better too! Why stop if I can get that much better?

So yeah, it has seemed like time has gone by fast, especially when I am working hard! This last week I got 30 appointments,  this week, my goal is 60! I will be doing my best, I don't teach for a really long time, I just get in, talk for a few minutes, teach for 10-20 minutes, then get out and go. It gives them more time to think about what I taught too, than if I were to teach a long lesson that lasts for 40 minutes, and it says in preach my gospel, never go over 45, and an average appointment should be 30, so that is what I am going for. I have had an amazing time and have enjoyed thoroughly the last two days because I have worked as hard as possible! Just as hard as I did back in Reseco because I was left to do what I felt was best, not take a whole bunch of breaks. So this week I am going to be busting my bum, and hopefully at the end of Wednesday I have around 30 appointments done so I can accomplish my goal!

So this last Sunday, yesterday I went tracting because the people weren't home, and I just started walking and the branch missionary asked where we were going, and I just said where ever God tells me to go, and we just walked down a path and I heard music, so I turned to him and said, "If there is music, there is people!" and we took off towards the house, and when I walked up to some people outside, they immediately gave us seats and wanted to learn! It was awesome! I just taught a first and I am going back there next Sunday, and hopefully I can go back twice a week now, so I can get them to church. Last week I had 20 people to church! It made me really happy! That is higher than my average in my old area! Hopefully I get a lot more this week, I have my eyes set on 40 people at church, but we will see what happens... I have really high goals, and even if I don't reach them, I may still set some records in the mission! Awesome! I am so ready to just get out and work as hard as possible to help these people here!


So that is my news for the week, I will have some spiritual things to say next week, but just stay tuned! I have lots of work ahead of me, so I will report next week!

Love
Elder Nash

No comments:

Post a Comment